So you’ve decided to start a blog and make money online, great. But there’s just one problem, you have no idea which blog niches are actually profitable.
In this article, we’ll go over a few things you must keep in mind when choosing a blog niche and more than 100 profitable blog niche ideas to help stimulate your brain and get you to that aha moment.
- Parenting and family
- Home improvement and décor
- Health and wellness
- Food and drinks
- Sports and outdoors
- Digital marketing
- Make money
- Art and music
- Education and career
- Go green
- Web design and development
- Other blog niche ideas
Grow Your Business on the Side
Free 5-day blogging bootcamp!
What is a Blog Niche?
A blog niche is a specific topic you’ll write about in your blog. Basically, you’ll be blogging about one thing, and one thing only.
The Riches Are in the Niches
When trying to decide what to blog about, many people try to cram all their interests in one blog.
For example, if you were interested in fitness, travel, fashion, and dogs, you might want to blog about all of these things.
The problem with this is that, while there are people interested in travel and others in dogs, not many would be interested in both.
This will make it difficult for you to build a loyal audience.
Another downside of a “multi-purpose” blog is that both people and search engines like Google will have a hard time seeing you as an expert.
Do you really think someone can be an expert in fitness, travel, fashion, and dogs?
If I wanted to get fit, I would probably learn from someone who’s main focus is losing weight and building muscle.
Similarly, if I was into fashion, I would look for someone who lives and breathes fashion.
This doesn’t mean that a blog that covers multiple topics can’t be successful, but it might be a bit more difficult.
100+ Moneymaking Blog Niche Ideas for 2021
Now that you know why it’s important to niche down, let’s take a look at some of the most profitable blog niche ideas.
Parenting and Family
- Pregnancy and future parents – help those couples who are excited but nervous about having their first kid. For example, you can recommend them products to babyproof their house, books to read, courses to take, etc.
- Parenting – talk about things you’ve learned from raising kids. Cover different ages and parenting methods.
- Family-friendly activities – help parents build a deeper connection with their kids by suggesting places to go on the weekends and fun activities to do.
- Homeschooling – homeschooling can be super overwhelming, teach parents how to successfully pull this off. Prepare both the parents and the kids.
- Breastfeeding – blog about the different breastfeeding positions, which foods should a breastfeeding mom eat, the best nursing pillows, etc.
Home Improvement and Décor
- DIY projects – this is a great blog niche to monetize with affiliate marketing. Teach others how to do projects themselves and recommend tools and products.
- Interior design – teach others how to decorate specific areas of their homes. For example, you could launch a blog that focuses only on decorating and renovating kitchens. Remember, the more specific you are, the better.
- Woodworking – I’ve actually been wanting to get into woodworking myself, so if you decide to make woodworking your blog niche, let me know.
- Gardening – teach others how to take care of their garden.
- Tiny homes – blog about minimalistic living, how to get used to it, and decorating tiny homes.
- Home automation – not sure if this would be considered home improvement or tech. Either way, you could teach others how to automate their homes.
- Nomad life – working remotely while traveling the world has been increasing in popularity. You can teach others how to land interviews for remote positions, finding places with reliable internet connections, getting organized, etc.
- Hotel guides – how to find the best hotels, maybe cheap places to stay, hotels that nobody knows about, etc.
- City guides – become the go-to resource when someone wants to visit your hometown. Show them all the hidden spots and fun activities to do.
- Travel tips – teach others how to pack light, find cheap hotels, foods to be careful with, getting cheap flights, etc.
- Traveling for work – I used to travel a lot for work. Unfortunately, projects would only take a day or two, so I only had a few hours to explore the places I traveled to. You can teach others who travel for work how to maximize their time.
- Airbnb tips – teach others your secret Airbnb tips.
- RVing – traveling in an RV or van has skyrocketed in popularity. You can give others tips on building their own van, renting RVs, working while on the road, etc.
- Dating – finding love is a great profitable blog niche idea. Most people are searching for love and happiness.
- Married couples – teach people how to get used to leaving with their significant other and start a family.
- Wedding planning – planning a special day can be super stressful, help couples plan their weddings and give them great advice.
- Divorce – unfortunately, not everyone’s marriage is successful. Teach others how to deal with divorce. It can be by giving them legal advice, financial advice, getting back on the market, handling kids, forgiveness, self-care, etc.
Health and Wellness
- Weight loss – your blog niche can be weight loss for specific groups. For example, you could launch a blog that focuses on weight loss for busy moms, weight loss for men over 40, teens, etc.
- Yoga – this is a very profitable blog niche. You can teach others how to relieve stress, lose weight, or just stay healthy with yoga. You could sell online courses or eBooks on different yoga poses.
- Healthy eating – help others take care of their bodies by teaching them how to eat healthily.
- Specific diets – talk about keto, paleo, flexible dieting (IIFYM), Atkins, or low-carb diets.
- Mental health – if you’re a licensed professional, you can help others with their mental health problems. If you’re not qualified to help others, please don’t jump on this blog niche. Not only do you have other people’s wellbeing on your hands, but Google will most likely not rank your website in their top search pages. If you want to learn more about it, you can google “Google’s E-A-T” and see what I mean.
- Acne and skincare – have an effective treatment to help people get rid of acne and maintain a healthy skin? Be nice and share it with them.
- Natural remedies – some people aren’t fans of stuff created in labs and would rather go for natural medicines.
Food and Drinks
- Recipes – recipes are a great blog niche idea. It is easy to drive traffic to recipe blogs using Pinterest. I’d focus on one type of recipes, for example, you could focus on keto recipes, low-carbs, paleo recipes, dessert recipes, etc.
- Meal planning for kids – cooking every day can be super tiring. Teach others how to meal prep for their kids.
- Coffee – are you a super coffee master? Teach others how to brew the perfect coffee, where to buy good coffee, and any other tricks you might have under your sleeve.
- Baking – this is another great one. Almost any food-related blog is good. You can write about making bread from scratch, cheesecake pastry, etc.
- Homebrewing – guides on how to brew your own beer or wine.
- Kitchen – there are tons of utensils that make cooking so much easier. You can blog about your favorite ones and give others tips on how to use them. This is another great blog niche idea monetize with affiliate marketing.
- Homegrown produce – teach others how to grow their own fruits, vegetables, and legumes. You could niche down and focus on one specific type of produce.
Sports and Outdoors
- Sport-specific training – any sports you’re good at? Launch a blog teaching others how to train and get better at it.
- Crossfit – eww, bodybuilding is better. Just kidding, if you’re into Crossfit, you can launch a blog about it. Cover WODs, equipment, training gear, etc.
- Self-defense – this is another great one. You can target specific groups. For example, self-defense for women, kids, teens, men, etc.
- Hiking – cover things like hiking gear, best hiking places, and other tips.
- Running and cycling – these are pretty good too. Write about training for marathons road cycling events.
- Hunting – you can monetize with affiliate marketing by selling hunting gear.
- Fishing – same as hunting. You can also talk about the best places to go fishing, types of fish, different lures and baits, etc.
- Camping – best places to go camping, survival guides, and useful camping gear.
- Golf – blog about the best golf gear and courses around the world (or your area). Give others tips on how to get better at golf. And if you have any tips for those who suck at Top Golf, let me know.
- Downhill longboarding – blog about the best longboarding wheels and gear, tips and tricks to become better, and best places to do so around the world.
- Surfing – surf boards, best beaches to go surfing, best time of the year to go surfing, etc.
- Snowboarding and skiing – cover the best places and times of the year to go snowboarding and skiing. Blog about your favorite gear and tips for finding cheap cabins/Airbnbs.
- Boxing – show others some boxing drills, talk about your favorite gear, maybe cover diet and fat loss for boxers.
- Get out of debt – help others get out of debt.
- Improve credit score – teach people how to improve their credit scores.
- Investing – you can cover specific types of investments. For example, your blog niche could focus on investing for retirement, stocks, bonds, etc.
- Save money – sometimes it isn’t about how much money you make, but how much you’re saving. Nowadays, people don’t even need to leave their house to spend money, all it takes is one click and they can have whatever they ordered delivered to them the next morning. Give them good tips to manage their finances.
- Cryptocurrency – launch a blog that focuses on teaching beginners how to get started with cryptocurrency.
- Social media marketing – almost everybody and their mom are on social media. I always see bloggers asking for recommendations on people to handle their social media platforms. You can offer your services to small bloggers or target bigger businesses.
- Email marketing – email marketing is far from being dead. Teach others how to build successful email funnels, increase their email open rate, set up automations, etc.
- Influencer marketing – people often make fun of influencers, but they’re bringing in the money by having fun and posting stuff on social media. Teach others how to take advantage of influencer marketing.
- eCommerce – teach other how to start, grow, and maintain an eCommerce site.
- Affiliate marketing – this is another great profitable blog niche idea. Affiliate marketing keeps growing in popularity, especially among those who’re looking to make money online and generate passive income.
- Side hustles – teach people how work full time how they can make money on the side. Maybe selling old stuff on eBay, flipping things, etc.
Art and Music
- Drawing – I tried drawing when I was a kid… that didn’t work out for me, but hopefully it will for your readers! Give your readers tips and how to get better at drawing.
- Painting – same as drawing! Help your audience improve their skills and recommend products and courses.
- Musical instruments – you can teach others how to play specific instruments, sell more advanced courses, and monetize with affiliate marketing by selling instruments and equipment. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the violin, if you decide to launch a course, hit me up.
- Singing – tips and exercises to get better at singing.
- Gaming hacks – be the go-to resource for gamers trying to find tricks and hacks inside games. For example, remember how you could clone items like the Master Ball in Pokemon by turning off your Game Boy when it showed the message that the game was saving and not to turn off the power?
- Game reviews – reviews are great for affiliate marketing as well. Play different games and write reviews about them. Tell others if they should jump on it or not.
- Game walkthroughs – walkthroughs are cheating, don’t @ me bro! Just kidding. You can help others complete specific parts of a video game.
- Card games – are Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic, and Pokemon still a thing? Not sure what the trending card games are right now, but you can blog about those.
Education and Career
- Career advice and coaching – guide and give career advice to our future generations.
- Side hustle for students – broke college students living off beer and ramen, good stuff. Just kidding, that’s not good stuff. You can help college students find and grow side hustles.
- College planning for home-schoolers – college will be a whole different world for homeschooled kids. Write about what kids and their parents can expect.
- Pet training – again, focus on a specific type of pet. For example, your blog niche could be dog training or cat training.
- Working farm animals – think of guide dogs, draft horses, hauling goats, etc.
- Farm animal care – I know of a blogger that makes thousands of dollars selling her courses on raising dairy goats.
- Celebrities – cover the latest news on celebrity scandals, engagements, divorces, etc.
- Politics – keep people informed on things about the world leaders, policies, and agendas.
- Science and environment – cover news about climate change, energy and conservation, recycling, pollution, space exploration, earth science, and more.
- Solar – talk about why people should go solar, cost benefits, how it works, increased property values, etc.
- Planning for home renewable energy systems – help people choose the right small renewable electric system for their homes. You can talk about the local codes and requirements for renewable energy systems.
- Urban commuting – blog about walking, cycling, longboarding, or taking public transportation.
- Adjusting to the country – teach people who have lived in the city how to adjust to their new home in the countryside.
Web Design and Development
- Web design – you have no idea how many people out there have a website that looks kind of, meh… you can give them design tips, such as which type of fonts and colors to use depending on your niche, how to add certain features and functions to their sites, etc. You could also sell templates for specific WordPress themes.
- Development – target those who want to learn more about the technical aspects of building and maintaining websites and apps. Lots of people out there are looking to learn at least the basics of coding so they don’t have to spend money hiring a developer every time they need to make changes or run into issues.
- Fashion – write about the current fashion trends, dressing nicely on a budget, repurposing old outfits, etc.
- Makeup – think things like gym-proof makeup, makeup for different skin types, the best brow products, etc.
- Fashion for specific seasons – niche down and focus on summer, fall, or winter fashion.
- Fashion for a certain age group – this could be fashion for teens, college kids, young adults, adults, older adults, etc.
- Men’s accessories – for example, you could blog about the best watches for men. Other options include wallets, belts, bracelets, and rings.
- Smart accessories – think smart watches, rings, glasses, etc.
- Artificial intelligence – what is it, why it matters, how it’s going to affect the future and people’s businesses.
- Gadget reviews – your blog could focus on specific tech products. For example, you could be the go-to resource for mechanical keywords, laptops for graphic design, speakers, gaming headphones, editing headphones, etc.
- No-code movement – you could talk about how to build applications and websites without knowing how to code.
- Drones – blog about the best drones to use for video or photography. Other drone topics could be drone races and making art with drones.
- Virtual reality (VR) – think about the best VR headsets, games, etc.
Other Blog Niche Ideas
- Language – teaching others how to speak a different language is another great and profitable blog niche idea. Do you speak Mandarin, Japanese, English, or Spanish? Maybe create and sell your own course.
- Graphic design – with social media on the rise, more people are learning how to design beautiful graphics and logos. You could maybe sell Pinterest templates or teach others how to use specific design softwares, such as Affinity Photo, Photoshop, or Canva.
- Photography – teach others how to take better photos, DIY equipment, etc. You could also focus on a specific type of photography, such as nature, portraits, animals, and products.
- Movies – launch a site that reviews the latest movies or TV series.
- Video – with video content on the rise, you can teach others how to get more comfortable in front of the camera.
100+ Blog Niche Ideas Infographic
Start Your Blog
If you’ve finally decided on a niche to blog about and are ready to launch your blog, you can check out my guide on how to start a blog.
You can also join a new Facebook group I launch to connect with other bloggers and entrepreneurs.